“WHAT DO YOU QUOTE???”
I am very interested in what spurs people on. I have many quotes in my head that help me through times when I find it hard to cope. I also have quotes that help me to relate to situations and people. It suddenly occurred to me that this maybe just another aspie thing as I am learning to understand my dyslexic/aspie ways. Realising that my brain is quite different in how it processes to most.
So I thought I would ask…..both ASD’s and NT’s this question, because I am trying my best to understand, so I can help my kids!
Here are a few of my quotes feel free to leave yours!
- Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or… learn from it…….(Rafiki: The Lion King 1)
- Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming..swimming..swimming, What do we do? We swim! Dory in “Finding Nemo”…had to share this link because I sing it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA
- (Philippians 4:13) I can do everything through him who gives me strength…And lots and lots more from the Bible…it is my obsession.
- Don’t worry be happy……yes another song, “Thank you Mom!”
- The Magic Roundabout….too many quotes to quote, my favourite being,
“Dougal, Dougal…wakey, wakey….Dougal, if you don’t get up I’ll SPIT!!!”
“What, what… bang the life boat, ban the bomb, the dams burst, is my nightie on fire? Vote conservative…keep off the grass, what… what… what… what…?”
“Don’t get confused my lovely”
Yes….I don’t think I’ll go any further with that one….I’m making myself out to be quite mad.
I do realise that my quotes are very childlike. These are what help me, I suppose I am very childlike in many ways. However I am intelligent enough….yes I am! To understand that we are all different and have different needs.
Please leave me a comment my friends, I really am interested…. 😀 x
Oh yes… and anyone who can put the intelligent name to this, please do!
I’m terrible at remembering long words, unless I have made them up myself…..lol