I think I’ve found my voice!
It has suddenly occurred to me, at the age of 41, that I have a voice. That I can be the stone that causes the ripple. So this is what my inner-child would like to say.
Dear Educator ….F.Y.I….I am NOT slow, distracted or lazy. I am dyslexic and you’re boring me.
(DYSLEXIA AWARENESS) copy & paste as your status if you know someone with a reading/learning difficulty.
And now for some of my 3am poetic ramblings…….
by Lisa Lock
Dear Educator, please Miss/Sir
If you wake up each morning
NOT loving your job, your subject, your pupils
Please don’t keep teaching, just for your salary
By choosing to do so, you are…….
- My first employer, who knowingly underpays me
- The person who makes me clean all the men’s urinals, while he skives off
- The supervisor who gets me to clean the whole restaurant, while she stand in the fridge drinking the companies wine
- The bully at the job I loved, who made my life so miserable I suffered with stress, anxiety and depression.
- The supervisor who only gave me collars to make, when she knew I was trained to be the sample-hand to work with the designer.
- Or even….. the person who stole my portfolio at college, cropping my signature off my paintings, to pass as their own.
Please don’t stand on my head
My brain feels squashed enough